Pages

Monday, August 17, 2009

Not the Monday Blues

Good afternoon family and friends,

I hope everyone is doing well. Please take a moment of your time today and do something for you. Something that you have not done for yourself in quite some time. It will do you good.

This morning I woke up and the sun was shinning! What? In Seattle? No way, you say. Well, it is a beautiful day. There is a slight breeze and the sun is high in the sky with a little bit of haze (smog, yeah just a little).

This morning I went to cardiac therapy. This would be my 3rd visit. Today, I was more tired than usual and a little less than enthusiastic about spending an hour in a gym working out with 6 men over the age of 67. It can be really depressing knowing just a few weeks ago, I could run, jump, dance, bake, cook, bike, swim, drive, walk by myself, go to Costco without sitting in that cart, make love with my husband (all those nights he said no, I should have forced him lol) just to name a few things.

If I think about it too much, it can get a little depressing. So as of late, I have been trying to put together some ideas for a vegan heart healthy (low-sodium, low-fat) cookbook. I know for most of you, vegan is not your favorite way to eat. But, you would be surprised at how difficult it is to find convenient vegan food that is low in sodium.

I just want to do something different but I have not figured it out just yet. I was going to finish the cookbook I had already started but most of my recipes are on little pieces of paper back home in DC, scattered about the house.

I know I have some new recipes in me however, it is difficult to create a recipe when you cannot even test it. So, I will keep you posted.

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment