Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

January Blues and Sunshiny Days

Blogging While Sleepy
These January days here in Seattle have been interesting to say the least. The sun shines in the morning and then starts to go away by 1 pm. It is no wonder that Seattle is the capitol coffee city. You need it just to stay awake.
I am No Coffee Drinker
So is it just the short amount of sun during the day that is keeping me sleepy or is the medication
or is it my heart?
I have a Vitamin D deficiency, which causes fatigue, tiredness, loss of concentration, heart disease, rickets...(thank goodness I am too old to get rickets) but this is why I am so tired during the day. I have just developed this deficiency. Between the medication I am currently taking, hormonal and mineral imbalances and lack of sunlight, I have developed this wonderful deficiency. The quick fix is to take 50,000 IUs once a week for the next 6 weeks. I hope this does this trick.
I urge each and everyone of you to get a Vitamin D blood test to see if you are deficient.
YAWN...I will come back after my afternoon nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment