Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day 2, 3 and parts of 4

Ok so, I have not been keeping up with the blog. But this time it is not due to laziness. I am still sick folks. I am not as sick as I was before however, sleep is definitely my best friend right now.

Day 2 Friday

I woke up early to take my parents to the airport. I popped my meds and ate a handful of cashews. After dropping my parents at the airport, I ran errands and headed home. My intention was to start back at the gym but, I was feeling a bit under the weather still so, after I had about 18 oz of water and 10 oz of Green Smoothie, I got back in the bed.

8 hours later, I got up. I decide to have an apple (very large Organic Cameo Apple) and Sunflower butter (about 1 TBSP). I washed it all down with 4 oz of Green Smoothie.

Throughout the rest of my evening, I danced a little to Justin Timberlake, Janet Jackson and Slum Village. After an hour of that tomfoolery, I sat down for a nice warm bowl of Millet and Black Bean with Vegetables. (The recipe is posted in the previous post)

I ended my evening with a little Internet TV watching and bedtime at 10:30 PM.

Day 3 Saturday

Today I got off to a not so good start but, I figured I needed the protein so, I had a boiled egg. I know I know I know, I said no eggs but, I needed something to hold me for a couple of hours because I was headed to Costco, Target and PCC. That trip would take about 2 hours to complete and I needed a little more than some cashews and the Green Smoothie, which I had run out of...so I proceeded with my day.

6:30 AM 18 oz of water, vitamins and meds, 10 cashews, 1 boiled cage-free, hormone-free, certified humane, organic egg.

7:30 AM 15 minutes of stretching and 24 push ups

8:30 AM Cleaned Kitchen and bathroom (This counts as exercise folks)

9:00 AM Left house for Target.

Now while at Target, I decided to pickup The Michael Jackson Experience for the Wii. I also purchased Zumba for the Wii and some new sheets (100% Organic) to bring in the new year. But I am sure that you didn't want to know that.

9:30 AM Headed to Costco to get gas. $50 for a tank of gas. WTW??? Why is gas so high? There hasn't been oil spill, there is no off-shore crisis, we are in abundance so, what gives? Sigh

Then I head to into Costco. I tell ya there is always going to be something that will get you off track. I thought I was going earlier enough to avoid all the little eats and treats that they hand out to you as you are passing an end cap. But, no...they start bright and early. So, I picked up two containers of Organic Apples and one container of Strawberries. I also, picked up a bag of Sweet Chili Rice Chips. I know that it is a snack. But really it's not that bad. They are made of rice. So, that actually passes the muster with the detox rules. Ok so here is where I messed up. As I was passing the frozen fish aisle, I came upon the bakery where a wonderful woman was passing out cheesecake samples. So, I had one, without even thinking. It was like I had forgotten that I was on a detox. Oh this was not about will power. This was sort of an outer-body experience. I just walked over and took it and put the cool creamy cheesecake in my mouth. Then I after I swallowed, I realized...I had cheated on my detox rules. I would have to redeem myself.

10:30 AM I am out of Costco and on my way to PCC to get my 3 gallons of filtered water (Filtered water is a must when detoxing).

11:00 AM I arrive at home and fixed another Green Smoothie but, this time I added 2 scoops of Designer Whey Protein, Vanilla (purchased from TJ for $9.99). I figured I would get a little protein in my diet. Now technically, Whey is a milk product. But it doesn't count as dairy. This is a very gray area. I probably should have had, 3 oz of beans or a piece of white fish but I was going for the ease since I am still sick.

12:00 PM I got right back into that bed.

5:30 PM I got up to eat a snack. 10 Sweet Chili Rice Chips and 1 very large Cameo Apples (my favorite) and 1 TBSP of Sunflower Butter ($3.99 at Trader Joes).

6:30 PM I broke open the Michael Jackson Experience Wii game and went to town. I rocked it! I love this game. I got my sweat on and had a lot of fun while doing it. After 6 songs, I switched to the Zumba game. LOVE IT! It is basically the Zumba workout. The music is exactly the same. So, I managed to get a decent workout in without going to the gym or taking a walk in the bitter cold.

7:45 PM I was a little off schedule. Partly because I was so darn tired from playing the game that all I could do was drink water and sit on the floor while watching DYI's Renovation Realities.
I heated another bowl of Millet and Black Beans with Vegetables and had about 10 more Sweet Chili Rice Chips and 18 oz of water. Oh and my meds and vitamins.

So now this brings me to:

Day 4 Sunday

6:30 AM I take my meds with 18 oz of water and a handful of Cashews.

7:00 AM Light Stretching and 12 push ups

8:30 AM 8 oz of Green Smoothie and 10 oz of water.

I will tell you that so far, I have lost 2 lbs. Not bad for 4 days. I would say it is water weight but, I take a diuretic so, I am pretty dry already. So I am going to say that I have officially lost 2 lbs in 4 days. I will keep you posted.


I will post for the rest of the day later this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment