Pages

Thursday, July 23, 2009

I LOVE SWEDISH HOSPITAL

Yesterday was a pretty good day for receiving information among other things.

I met Dr. Rebecca S. Duke, in her primary care office. Now I officially have three doctors working on my case. I am thrilled that she was able to provided me with some level of comfort.

Oh don't get me wrong, Dr. Howard Lewis, is wonderful doctor, both in knowledge and in bedside manner. But, it felt good to speak with a woman doctor who might be a little more sensitive to the physiology of the female anatomy.

Dr. Duke and I spoke about the sticky foamy...well you know from the last blog entry, and she wondered if I had aspirated or had some extra fluid in my respiratory system. No way of telling at this point but, she did provide a couple of explanations. Hopefully, it will not happen again.

Dr. Duke also informed me that Dr. Raybourn Lewis and Dr. Howard Lewis are the best in Vascular Care in the Northwest so, if anyone could figure it out, they could.

So currently, I am still waiting to be approved by my health care plan (TriCare) for Cardiac Therapy (which all doctors are demanding I have) and I am still taking a few medications (Lisinopril and Carvedil) to regulate my blood pressure and heart rate (which seem to be happening). Where it was hovering in the low 70/60's now hovering at 90/70's and my heart rate has stabilized in the low 80's. I feel pretty tired most of the time and a little headachey but that is to be expected with the medicine and low blood pressure.

In 4 more weeks, Dr. Lewis will run more tests on me to see if there is any improvement. I will keep you posted.

Just a few shout outs!!!

Dr. William J. Raskoff: Kaiser Hospital San Fransisco, Dept Head of Cardiology. He was thorough!!! If you ever need cardiac care, Kaiser Hospital is a pretty cool place to be. Dr. Raskoff and his team really gave me great care. They were attentive and very knowledgeable. Also, the hospital food was not bad. In fact,the vegan food was pretty dog-gone good. The last day they let me have a Kozy (organic) Pudding Snack cup. You have no idea how wonderful it is to have a pudding cup after 6 days of low sodium, no sugar meals.

My Parents and Family and Friends in the Bay Area: YOU ARE WONDERFUL!!!! You came to the hospital to see me :) and I want to let you all know that all of you have helped me in my healing process, tremendously! Laughing and talking and sitting with me was the best medicine ever.

Rhea!!! Being 8 months pregnant and making the trek to the hospital, twice, you are amazing.

Lotus Garden (on Franklin in Oakland) WOW WEE!!! Great Vegan Food. I could eat there everyday, if I lived in Oakland (lol). Check it out bay area folks.

Costco is a great place to get your medications filled. Although, my medical coverage covers the RX, they were still very inexpensive. Less than $15 for all three medications I am taking.

Alaska Airlines!!! The flight attendants were wonderful. It might have helped that I was sitting in first class but, they were so concerned and attentive. I think they are my favorite airline, next to Virgin America.

My Parents! Mom and Dad, you guys are the greatest. Bringing me home with you and taking care of me and changing your plans and your schedules for me to be here in Seattle. Kisira for letting me sleep in your room, in your spacious bed and drawing me such a wonderful picture "Hey I Love You Too" Eddie (my Brother), for just checking in and keeping up with me and promising Mom and Dad that you will watch me when they are not able to.

Stephanie, Debra, Kim, and Carol Jean thank you for your support and information seeking spirit. Keep it coming!!!

And Finally (I saved the best for last) to my Wonderful Husband!!! You are my rock baby. I am so blessed to have you in my life. I appreciate you working hard and holding it down while we are away from each other. I love you so much that my words are just not enough. I miss you terribly. Being away from you at such a time is challenging and heart breaking for me. Thank you for sleeping in the hospital bed every night. Thank you for being my voice on the phone and to the hospital staff. Thank you for being the best Husband.
You are a blessing to me. I cannot wait to see you...hopefully soon than much later. It's already been too long.



No comments:

Post a Comment