Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Windy Wednesday

Bon Dia from Seattle Washington

So I guess everyone is wondering what really happened. I am still trying to figure that out.

This morning I spent some time reading over my first cardiologist's notes and report. I think I am still in shock. I still have not processed a lot of the findings. When I was admitted this is what they found: Cardiomegaly, pulmonary vascular congestion and clinical congestive heart failure.
In a nut shell, my heart is in a weakened state and is enlarged: Advanced, dilated cardiomyopathy.
So if there is anyone who can help me sort through these diagnoses, please contact me.

It happened last night. I was sleeping deeply, I am sure, and I was awakened by my hands, face and face being extremely wet and sticky. My heart was racing and I had a slight headache. I felt pretty alert but my body was very tired. So much so, that I really could not move. I believe maybe 15 to 20 minutes had passed and I still was not feeling better so, I got up out of the bed to go to the bathroom. I had sticky foamy white stuff all over my hands. Okay, I know this is a little gross to read however, I thought maybe a large spider was trying to cocoon me while I slept.
I then realized it had come from my mouth. What the...?!
I cleaned up and went back to bed. I had some slight upper chest pains but nothing significant. It just felt like I had done a couple of bench presses.

Now I feel pretty okay. Well, I feel better than I did and I am not covered with sticky foamy stuff. I do have a headache, probably due to the medication. Now I did find a very large spider web inside the lamp shade next to the bed so maybe I was being attacked.

This afternoon I am going to concentrate on walking, stretching and getting my toes done. I do have a doctor's about this afternoon so I will keep everyone posted.

The sun is now shinning in Seattle and the temperature is a cool 70 degrees. It is a blessing to see the fog and clouds roll away to such beauty.




2 comments:

  1. I have a doctor's appointment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saying lots of prayers for you Lillian. I can only imagine the shock and confusion you must be experiencing right now. So glad that you are with your family. I plan to follow the blog with you but if you ever want to reach out and just chat please feel free to call me. I'm the queen of Google so my new research on cardiomyopathy has now begun! :)

    ReplyDelete